Can I use my API key instead of the APP key?
Your Profile account shows you several keys:
- Secret Key -- the log in key to access the API, email, URL features to send SMS messages
- API Key -- for developers to offer SMS From Me capabilities in your website
- Application Key -- for your phone application
- Email Key -- to send emails to email@example.com
- URL Key -- to access the website in such a way that it ends up sending an SMS
The SMS From Me application is expected to use the Application Key to work as expected and be secure.
Although it is possible to instead use your API key in your SMS From Me application, it is considered insecure because it gives the application many more rights than require by the application. For example, it allows for the creation and deletion of messages.
We strongly advice you that you avoid using the API key in your SMS From Me application. This is more for systems like Wordpress or other websites that would want to allow their users to manage an email campaign and that campaign to be capable to send text messages using the API instead of emails (which is a lot cleaner and generally faster, although emails are perfectly fine too.)
If you already registered with your email address and needed to re-validate (i.e. the first validation somehow failed) then go to the Validate Page where you can request for a new validation code to be emailed to you.
Get My Free Book About SMS Marketing
Hey! Before you leave, make sure to get my freeBook About SMS Marketing. All you have to do is enter your email address and I'll send you a link to this website where you can retrieve your own copy of my free book.